Tuesday 15 November 2016

Third time's a charm!!



There are toys everywhere, EVERYWHERE!!! I've just climbed over a tower of cushions in the doorway to the kitchen, stood on a painfully spiky car, passed an open nappy thrown on the floor and shuffled through the dinner dishes to get a glass of water but it can all wait, the kids are in bed and I'm going to sit down and relax.

I'm one of those crazy people who have a baby and get broody over my own baby. Yep, MY baby made me want another baby. I mean, my husband should have known better, surely he has noticed my brain is mush at the moment. Usually he is quite level headed so I'm going to put it down to him not thinking with his head on this occasion. 

Delighted as I am, it's going to be hard. But I'm ready for that, having two kids is hard enough but to be honest I feel what's hard is the terrible twos. It is an extremely challenging time, maybe not for everyone but Riley is so boisterous, he never stops climbing, he is into everything and fears absolutely nothing. 
So I'm thinking why wait until Jesse is at that stage to have another baby, to then have the terrible twos a couple of years later again. Have the babies now close in age, let them grow together, learn from each others mistakes and maybe, just maybe they will distract each other from any wrong doings and we won't have any terrible twos.
 OK that last bit is obviously very unrealistic but I think there is some logic in this, they will entertain each other and hopefully rule out the jealousy Riley had for Jesse when he came along. 

So there it is, what I have been trying to convince myself with for the past few months. But I'm so excited to watch them all grow together, Riley is about to turn 3 in a couple of months and although he drives me mad sometimes, he makes me laugh so much, I am in awe of his personality and the little boy he is turning into. Jesse is obsessed with him, the way he looks at him makes my heart swell so why not add to the brood, why not love more. 

When they said 'Third time's a charm' they were not talking about pregnancy. I'm coming up on 14 weeks now and already starting to show. The first trimester was full of sickness this time around. And the tiredness, don't get me started on the tiredness. But I am looking forward to the rest, I'm even looking forward to another drink free birthday and Christmas because what's to come at the end of it all will be so worth it. I'm blessed with the children I have and to be given the chance to have another. I will moan and cry about the stress of a bad day with the kids but I would not change a single one of those days and at the end of each one I will thank god for all my blessings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment