Monday 19 September 2016

Punch Anxiety In The Tits

Punch anxiety in the tits


When suffering from anxiety we tend to keep it to ourselves or within our family because we are afraid of what people will think. I guess we believe we're the only ones suffering because surely Annie or Jane doesn't have anxiety or depression, I can't tell them, they wouldn't understand. They would think I'm mad, losing it, not coping very well. I don't want their sympathy, I don't want them to think I'm any different to them.
When in fact the chances are at least one of them actually is suffering or have done in the past because it is a lot more common than we think and if we decided to open up more about these things we would realise that. Talking about it really helps, and if you think deep down someone is going to judge you wrongly for it then you need to think is this person someone you want to be talking to about anything at all.
I have suffered from anxiety from time to time, before I had kids I remember turning up at A&E one night thinking I was going to die because I couldn't breath, I felt I was going bat shit crazy. I was scared and felt if I'm at the hospital I have some chance. When sitting there like a crazy lunatic pleading with passing doctors to save me, I'm dying, I soon came to realise by how placid they were with me that I wasn't going to die as they kept telling me, it's not possible, you can't die from a panic or anxiety attack. (Ugh I go red just thinking about it but at the time it was very real.) 
These episodes are in fact played out in our minds, as hard as that is to think when going through an anxiety attack, you try to tell yourself to breath, to think of something else but that just works you up even more. 
About 6 months after Riley was born I started having anxiety while driving, every time I would get in the car I wouldn't be able to breath, it was a nightmare. I needed to do something about it. OK I know I can't die from anxiety so I need to stop working myself up so much, when I feel one coming on just try and relax, occupy my mind, call someone for a quick chat (not about the pending anxiety attack because that will make it worse) just take my mind off it without too much infuses. 
It takes most people a while to understand where their panic and anxiety stem from, because in most cases its not obvious. I've often sat down and thought about it, I'm not stressing about anything, everything is fine at the moment, I can't think why I'm going through this, but it's not necessarily a situation from that day that's brought you here but just life as a whole, not being entirely happy in a job, or a relationship, being tired, a new mom, new dad, taking too much on, trying to juggle life, money problems, LIFE. That's why more people than you realise suffer from depression or anxiety, because we're all human and not one of our lives are perfect, not by a long shot and sometimes life gets on top of us, we just have to learn to get back on top of our lives.
One person I know who suffered terribly bad with anxiety having multiple episodes a day found hers stemmed from the implant in her arm, which was due to be removed had being playing havoc with her hormones resulting in the anxiety attacks from hell. 
Another person gave up coffee and his anxiety subsided massively.
A couple of people have recently told me they want more kids but have suffered so bad with anxiety with previous pregnancies and thereafter that they are scared it will happen again and are put off by it. That really saddens me because we should not let it get the better of us, it should not jeopardise any part of our being or our future, only we can help ourselves get out of this rut. It's down to the person suffering to beat it, to not let it hold us back, whether it getting out of bed, or leaving the house, or having another baby. Anxiety is triggered by something inside you, you are in charge of your own body, therefore you need to understand your body and what it is that's letting anxiety take over and punch it in the tits. But most importantly don't be ashamed of it, if you feel it will help to talk about it then talk to whoever the hell will listen because they might just be able give you the tips that helped them, help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment